GHT Limited, a leading DC metro area MEP engineering consulting firm located in Arlington, VA, seeks a bright and motivated Operations & Energy Services (OES) Representative candidate. The candidate will be a member of the team that provides engineering support and analysis for the entire life cycle of buildings, from the design concept phase through post-construction evaluation. These services focus on mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) systems. Members of GHT’s OES team work to improving building performance by performing energy audits, designing equipment efficiency upgrades, and providing commissioning services. Typical projects include providing options for modifying existing mechanical equipment; preparing design documents for permit and bid for chillers, boilers, or air handling unit replacement; troubleshooting equipment performance or occupant comfort issues; or acting as a Commissioning Agent to ensure building equipment is operating as designed.
Team members will interact with both internal and external clients, perform engineering site visits, perform engineering analysis, prepare written reports and designs documents, and perform commissioning activities on new and existing equipment.
Candidates for the OES position will be given the opportunity to grow within GHT. Depending on candidate experience, applicants may be requested to take on additional responsibilities such as Project Management, leading project design teams, supervising junior staff, presenting at local and national engineering events, and acting as a primary client point of contact.
The majority of the OES work is in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia, but some out of area travel may be required.
Candidate will possess the following skills, traits, and credentials:
Engineering degree (BSME, BSEE, or AE). Non-degreed personnel who have work experience documenting an equivalent knowledge level will also be considered.
- Knowledge of building HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems
- Good troubleshooting and analytic skills
- Ability to lead MEP troubleshooting for projects including field investigations, design analysis, and issuing reports and sketches of corrective actions.
- Ability to lead the Commissioning process on Commissioning projects.
- Ability to lead Third Party inspections, building assessment report writing, feasibility studies, due-diligence studies, and other post-construction services.
- Experience mentoring junior staff, including training, review of reports and correspondence, and providing feedback on to leadership regarding mentee performance.
- Experience with ASHRAE Energy Audits
- Familiar with AutoCAD and / or Revit
- Familiar with ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, and ENERGY STAR benchmarking
- Familiar with Energy Modeling and Energy Load Calculations
- EMS / BMS / ATC knowledge level sufficient to perform troubleshooting and recommend corrective actions
- Membership in BCxA or other recognized commissioning associations preferred
- LEED or GBI credentials preferred
- Certified Commissioning Professional (CCP) title or equivalent preferred
- PE License is a plus, but not required
- Must have ability to perform site visits, climb ladders, operate various test and measurement equipment, and be able to carry light loads.
- Must be able to perform survey work in noisy and dusty spaces.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have good communication and computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Newforma, and Bluebeam.
Only qualified applicants will be considered.
GHT Limited is one of the largest MEP engineering consulting firms in the DC Metro area. We provide excellent benefits including a flexible work environment, health insurance, generous vacation package, employer-matching 401(k) plan, and an opportunity to earn performance-based bonuses throughout the year. Our LEED Gold certified office is close to the Ballston Metro and in the heart of Arlington, Virginia.
If you would like to be part of an industry leading MEP engineering consulting firm, complete an application and submit a cover letter and resume in confidence via the Apply Today link to the right.
GHT Limited does not discriminate on the basis of, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran or disabled status, marital status, familial status, or any other basis protected by law.
Share Job Posting