The College Board initiated the design and construction of a space fit-out in a new, speculative office building, comprising 235,000 SF on Floors 9-17. The Class A office space is supported by high-density conference rooms, pantry kitchens, and server rooms.
The project achieved a certification level of Gold under the LEED for Commercial Interiors ™ rating system. Sustainable features include:
- Reduction in potable water of 30% below EPA of 1992
- Reduction in lighting power density of 15% below ASHRAE-90.1
- Use of daylight harvesting
- Design of separate temperature zones different solar exposures
- Self-contained air handling units (AHUs) on each floor distributed by fan-powered and shut-off variable air volume (VAV) boxes
- Thermostatically controlled exhaust fans serving LAN closets