Lafarge is a world leader in building materials, based in France. GHT employed Revit® MEP building information modeling (BIM) software to provide full documentation for the company’s Northern Virginia office.
The team provided mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) engineering design for the 65,000 SF space located on two floors. Each floor consists of closed and open work areas. The space also includes a large conference room with a dividable wall partition, two medium sized conference rooms, four small conference rooms, one large lunchroom, one medium sized server room, and two small LAN rooms.
The design team achieved a calculated Lighting Power Density (LPD) of less than 0.85 w/SF, complying with IECC 2006 and the LEED for Commercial Interiors™ rating system, under which the project earned a certification level of Gold. In addition, the space includes low-flow plumbing fixtures, and all light fixtures are controlled by occupancy sensors or relay and time clock.
MEP systems include:
- Two variable air volume (VAV) air handling units
- Individual space thermostat controls
- Split-system, computer grade, air conditioning units matched to roof-top condensing units for server room and LAN rooms
- 480/277 and 208/120 volt circuit breaker panelboards in two base building electric rooms
- Tank type domestic water heaters for galley spaces