The Boro will transform the former SAIC campus in Tysons Corner into a dynamic 4,000,000 SF mixed-use development next to the Greensboro Station Metro station. GHT is providing mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) engineering design for several components of the development, including a 19-story office building above five levels of underground parking, 15-screen movie theater, 33,500 SF outdoor park and promenade with a 1,200 SF retail kiosk, and three levels of above-grade parking. The office building will also include retail spaces, a fitness center, and penthouse terrace. Future phases may include a 200-key, 200,000 SF hotel.
- Sustainable design features are focused on enhancing occupant comfort and well-being and optimizing energy and water savings.
- Designed to exceed ASHRAE 90.1-2007 minimum energy requirements by at least 16%
- Designed to exceed ASHRAE 62.1-2007 minimum ventilation levels by at least 30%
- Plumbing fixtures specifications will support a minimum 35% water use reduction
- Mechanical equipment will be controlled by the building BMS