GHT Limited, a leading DC metro area MEP engineering consulting firm located in Arlington, VA, seeks a bright and motivated Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Operations & Energy Services Studio. The candidate will be a member of the team that provides engineering support and analysis for the entire life cycle of buildings, from pre-construction design through post-construction services for GHT Limited’s clients, including systems commissioning, troubleshooting, building assessment and due-diligence reporting, feasibility studies, and energy modeling. This role requires strong engineering design skills, a well-rounded knowledge of electrical systems operations and installation, and of interaction with mechanical and plumbing systems.
Senior Electrical Engineer – Responsibilities:
- Prepare electrical system commissioning specifications, commissioning plans. Act as Commissioning Authority on projects.
- Perform engineering design tasks for projects.
- Provide electrical troubleshooting for projects (primarily projects GHT did not design), including field investigations, design analysis, and issuing reports and sketches of corrective actions, as appropriate.
- Act as Project Manager for projects as assigned: prepare proposals for review/approval by the Principal, and will act as the point-of-contact, schedule resources, prepare billing reports, coordinate the necessary design and engineering resources, and receive and disseminate all project correspondence, reports, etc.
- Interact with internal and external clients, perform engineering site visits, perform engineering analysis, prepare written reports and design documents, and perform commissioning activities on new and existing equipment.
- Perform systems evaluations, building assessment report writing, feasibility studies, due-diligence studies, and other post-construction services.
- Perform duties as a manager and/or mentor to assigned staff, including training, review of reports and correspondence, and input to the Principal regarding individual performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited college or university.
- Non-degreed applicants with proven work experience and an equivalent knowledge level will be considered (such as a master electrician).
- PE is strongly preferred; however, candidates with equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license, and LEED/GBI accreditation.
- Membership in BCxA/other recognized commissioning associations.
- Certified Commissioning Professional (CCP) title or equivalent.
- Master electrician’s license
- 10+ years’ experience in post-construction and building operations services for commercial construction, and must have a strong knowledge of electrical systems operation, installation, and design, including interface with mechanical and plumbing systems.
- Expertise with lighting controls, life safety and fire alarm systems to perform troubleshooting, recommend corrective action.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage and resolve conflict.
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), AutoCAD and Revit, BlueBeam/Adobe.
- Current driver’s license and own vehicle to travel to job sites mostly in the metro DC area; however, occasional out-of-area travel will be required.
- Pre-employment background investigation and drug test; specific project assignments may have additional requirements.
- Currently authorized to work in the United States without need for current or future visa sponsorship. NOTE: We participate in eVerify.
Only qualified applicants will be considered.
GHT Limited is one of the largest MEP engineering consulting firms in the DC Metro area. We provide excellent benefits including a flexible work environment, health insurance, generous vacation package, employer-matching 401(k) plan, and an opportunity to earn performance-based bonuses throughout the year. Our LEED Gold certified office is close to the Ballston Metro and in the heart of Arlington, Virginia.
If you would like to be part of an industry leading MEP engineering consulting firm, complete an application and submit a cover letter and resume in confidence via the Apply Today link to the right.
GHT Limited does not discriminate on the basis of, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran or disabled status, marital status, familial status, or any other basis protected by law.