GHT Limited, a Northern Virginia leading MEP design engineering consulting firm, is seeking an energetic, experienced Director of Human Resources to join our rapidly growing firm. Primary responsibilities for this position will include leadership in the development and execution of human resources programs to ensure an exceptional employee experience. Strategies will include but are not limited to: succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development and compensation. The Director of Human Resources will develop these strategies in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization. This position will also provide internal leadership to the Board of Directors by articulating human resources needs and plans.
Director of Human Resources – Responsibilities:
- Champion the GHT culture
- Evaluate and implement HR strategies which effectively communicates firm’s vision and strategic plan, including achievement of business objectives.
- Serve as a partner to the corporate leadership team and each department regarding key organizational and management issues
- Direct overall HR strategy across the company
- Improve and standardize current HR processes and recommend enhancements to the HRIS.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to Human Resources by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, recruitment and retention and employee training
- Collaborate with corporate leadership team to establish management succession plans which complement firm strategy
- Develop comprehensive recruiting and retention plans which meet the human capital needs of the firm
- Develop and implement compensation and benefit plans that are cost-effective and meet the needs of our employees
- Partner with the marketing team on activities and campaigns related to employment branding, including but not limited to attracting talent, recruiting, employee training and development, and retention
- Partner with the marketing team to drive employee engagement, including supervising engagement surveys, collecting feedback and driving improvements
- Support the marketing team with internal communications
- Work with all members of the firm to foster an environment of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Adopt a big-picture approach to ensure human resources policies and procedures fit organizational needs and objectives
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- 10-15 years’ experience in human resources, including in a leadership position
- Demonstrated ability to strategically evaluate and implement sophisticated HR programs and initiatives
- Demonstrated experience working with corporate leaders to build consensus around HR programs and strategies
- Proven ability to manage the talent acquisition process
- Strong understanding and practical knowledge of HR compliance areas, including federal, state and local employment law, specifically in Virginia
- Excellent interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and the ability to trust and be trusted
- Effective listening skills; must be able to articulate a compelling message; clarity and conciseness in written and oral presentations
- Able to bring credibility to the HR function through professional qualifications and leadership skills
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree required.
- MBA and/or SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
Only qualified applicants will be considered.
GHT Limited provides excellent benefits including a flexible work schedule, health insurance, generous vacation package, employer-matching 401(k) plan, and telework opportunities. Our LEED Gold office is close to the Ballston Metro and in the heart of Arlington, VA.
If you would like to be part of an industry leading MEP engineering consulting firm, complete an application and submit a resume in confidence via the Apply Today link to the right.
GHT Limited does not discriminate on the basis of, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.