1 AIA Learning Unit (GHT-ME-082417)
1 GBCI CE Hour (0920014148)
With the introduction of the LEED Version 4 rating system, increased emphasis has been placed on the role of commissioning in designing, building and operating sustainable facilities. In particular, Fundamental & Enhanced Commissioning practices, when performed properly, have the capacity to greatly improve building energy efficiency and extend the facility’s lifecycle.
This presentation, led by Principal and in-house expert Ray Smith, addresses the commissioning process, changes to Fundamental & Enhanced Commissioning prerequisites and credits as a result of LEED v4 and presents project case studies which demonstrate the benefits of commissioning. Building envelope commissioning will also be introduced, with a project case study demonstrating its ability to improve facility performance.
- Learning Objective 1: Recognize and understand changes to the Fundamental Commissioning prerequisite and Enhanced Commissioning credits under the LEED v4 BD+C: New Construction & Major Renovation rating system
- Learning Objective 2: Recognize and understand changes to the Fundamental Commissioning prerequisite and Enhanced Commissioning credits under the LEED v4 ID+C: Commercial Interiors rating system
- Learning Objective 3: Recognize and understand which project team members are eligible to serve as the Commissioning Provider for Fundamental Commissioning and Enhanced Commissioning credits for both the LEED v4 BD+C and LEED v4 ID+C rating systems
- Learning Objective 4: Recognize and understand what Commissioning deliverables will be required throughout the major phases of design and construction on a LEED v4 project
- Learning Objective 5: Understand the importance of Building Envelope Commissioning (BECx) and how it contributes to achieving Energy & Atmosphere credits under both the LEED v4 BD+C and LEED v4 ID+C rating systems using a project case study